Finn Wolfhard's PERSISTENCY In Attacking BC Legislature

"@Dave_Eby Haven’t heard back from you yet." Finn tweets. Again. (It's not the first time). "I know they can see it." A frustrated Finn says in an interview.

27 July 2019 by Fonticha Tran


Finn Wolfhard at the 2019 CinemaCon - Warner Bros. Pictures 'The Big Picture' Presentation held at the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, USA on April 2, 2019. — Photo by PopularImages

Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard had already tweeted at @BCLegislature before, where he called for a change in the age restriction regarding minors when attending live music shows. (Read the full article here).


BC Legislature responded the same day by forwarding him to the Ministry of Attorney General (@Dave_Eby) who is responsible for licensing small venues. But with no response from him, Finn isn't ready to give up just yet.


Wait, what exactly made Finn tweet about this whole thing in the first place? Let's rewind.


Here is Finn's original tweet:


Let us explain Finn's tweet and how it affects Finn and his fans:


Finn is referring to the venues that operate with an age restriction of 19. This age restriction causes a problem for minors when they want to attend live music shows that are held at these venues since they have to be accompanied by their guardian.


As Finn's band, Calpurnia, often perform live in these types of venues, his fans are usually unable to attend. Mostly, it's because their parents are too busy to accompany them to the show.


Unfortunately, this often leads to many disappointed fans.


Since Finn's previous tweet, it appears that Finn contacted Dave Eby (the person he was referred to initially), and it looks like he didn't exactly get a response. After a month of waiting, Finn finally tweets out again on 17 July and publicly calls out Dave to give him an answer.


Check out Finn's tweet below:


Unfortunately, though, it looks like Dave Eby's last tweet was on 6 June, so it doesn't appear that he is active on Twitter.


But Finn isn't giving up.


In response to a question during an interview with Day 6, Finn says:

"So you have to be 19 and up to go to 99 per cent of shows in Vancouver, and I just think it's really dumb. And I think it's reckless on these adults behalf that are running the country. They're keeping art and music away from the youth and that's not right." 
"A bunch of my favourite bands are playing this year and I can't even get in because they just won't [let me in] ... I tweeted that out too a few B.C. legislative people, and I tagged them and I know they can see it and they just didn't respond."

We'll keep you up-to-date on the issue, and in the meantime, who else is hoping Finn will get a response soon? After all, this is a pretty major issue that teenagers are facing nowadays when all they want is just to enjoy some live music.


And Finn does have a pretty big influence judging from his 2.1 million Twitter followers.


So maybe Dave will be getting back to him sometime soon?



Read More: Psycho Fan FINDS OUT ‘Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard’s Address - Finn Gets MAD


Read More: Millie Bobby Brown Says ‘Mike Wheeler’ Is The Perfect Boy


Read More: Finn Wolfhard HANGS OUT With Ghostbusters Co-Stars

Fonticha Tran is a news writer at Exclusive Hollywood and is also responsible for researching and writing news articles. She also keeps track of the celebrities’ on our watchlist while monitoring their social media for any new updates.  


Fun fact: Besides constantly being on Twitter and reading up on her favourite celebrities' newest tweets, she's busy rewatching Stranger Things and The Umbrella Academy. 


Tip us on the celeb you want us to keep tabs on!

  • Twitter

© 2019 Exclusive Hollywood